[CQ-Contest] Remote Advantage

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Remote Advantage
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2017 18:56:45 -0400
Of course there are locations that have a geographical advantage and hams
have been traveling to them for years. Are you saying that everyone should
only operate from their licensed address? No one should fly to the Caribbean
or the east coast of the US to enjoy a contest? Many of the top contest
operators do not even own a station. Operating remote is likely a
disadvantage to actually being at the station where you can physically swap
out a dead amp, rotator control, etc and have no internet connection issues
and delays. If you compare my 2016 20m CQWW RTTY score (W4AAA)
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/3830/2016-09/msg03374.html with
W4AAW's remote 20m totals you will no advantage
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/3830/2016-09/msg02923.html .
Kudos to W4AAW for building a state of the art remote station for others to
enjoy!

73,
John KK9A