Re: [CQ-Contest] KU1CW location

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KU1CW location
From: Michael Adams <mda@n1en.org>
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2017 21:23:34 +0000
I take the comment, "we remote-capable stations are not trying to fool anyone
or gain some sort of geographical or unfair advantage" to mean that most remote
operators are upfront about where their station is. An ethical remote operator
in a DX black hole operating a station in W1-land isn't trying to compete with
black hole based stations; he's competing with other W1 stations

Is there an advantage to operating remote? Yes. Generally the advantage is
"more fun", although the precise nature of that additional fun varies by op.

Isn't contesting supposed to be about maximising fun among all of us?

--
Michael Adams | mda@n1en.org