Re: [CQ-Contest] KU1CW location

To: Peter Bowyer <peter@bowyer.org>, w5ov@w5ov.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KU1CW location
From: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2017 12:32:46 +0000
Oh come on.

If that were the case then 97.107 would not even mention "operating
conditions of the alien's
license."

Your interpretation of intent is in deep conflict with the actual wording,
which says:

Privileges are governed by the reciprocal operating agreement
AND
Privileges are those of the alien's license
AND
Privileges are not to exceed US extra.

It could also be written as:

Privileges are governed by the operating agreement and are either the
lesser of the alien's license or US Extra class.

Either way, why not ask the FCC? You're in a position of authority over two
major contests. It's your duty to determine whether contestants
participation is legal or not. That would end all of this debate once and
for all.

Ria
N2RJ