Re: [CQ-Contest] third-party communications in DX contests (was:KU1CW lo

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] third-party communications in DX contests (was:KU1CW location)
From: <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 20:19:00 +0000
OK, here’s my take as it applied to US stations.

If you cut through all the verbiage, a “remote operator” is directly equivalent
to the “third party” in a phone patch (remember those?).

When you look at it in that light, the “remote operator” cannot transmit a
message to a station in a country whose administration has not made “third
party” arrangements with the USA.  This is waived IF THE REMOTE OPERATOR IS
ELIGIBLE TO BE A CONTROL OPERATOR.

So the test becomes “Is the remote operator eligible to be a control operator
at my station?”  If he passes that test, then his location is unimportant, and
he can freely work anyone in a contest.  If he is NOT eligible to be a control
operator, then his operation in CQWW would be problematic.

73, de Hans, KØHB
"Just a boy and his radio"™