Re: [CQ-Contest] Americas Cup Sailing - Watch and Learn

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Americas Cup Sailing - Watch and Learn
From: "Henning" <mail@oz1bii.dk>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 23:04:23 +0200
The solution already exists; Categories Assisted / Non-Assisted
Keep in mind that we all depend on each other - we need a large number of
participants for the game to work.
In order to get as many participants as possible, it's smartest, so far, to
divide the participants into categories. And all categories are dependent of
each other.
And contests may introduce new Over-Lay Categories like the already known;
Classic, Single-Wire-only, TB-Wires, Rookie  etc.

Perhaps the Assisted category should have an Over-Lay called Unlimited that
allow all types of help to be used - for example RBN, external SDR
receivers/transmitters, Internet skeds, robot-transmission/reception,
self-spotting and so on. All the latest equipment and options can be used
and the only requirement could be that the report itself MUST be transmitted
via radio.
Overlay could bring technical evolution into Radio sport and keep the small
pistols and the ones using simple equipment to stay tuned.
Di dah di dah dit

Vy 73 de OZ1BII Henning