Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU HF Championship 2017 - multiplier list updated as2

To: Yuri <ve3dz@rigexpert.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] IARU HF Championship 2017 - multiplier list updated as22 June
From: Mats Strandberg <sm6lrr@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 21:25:37 +0300
Yuri,

I replied previously privately to you as I failed to notice that you had
copied both me, LY4A and the whole list.

So just for others to know my view, here is very short and a last comment
related to this infected issue:

My purpose of the post was to counter the politically biased message from
some of the members of this forum. This is a contest forum and I see no
need to add politics to the subjects discussed on this forum.

If someone incorrectly have added an HQ station without proper legal
backing in ITU, then this is a mistake and could easily be corrected
without adding more "petrol to the fire". No need to vapour steam on this
reflector. Decisions are NOT made here. There are made in ARRL.

Despite that I reside in Russia, I am independent in my estimation and
evaluation of political development, inside and outside the country I
reside IN. As a Ham Radio operator, I prefer not to mix the hobby with
politics. I take no side in a conflict I do not have part in. I work
stations in ANY country of the world, as I firmly believe this is a hobby
without political, religious or racial borders.

The reason for my opinion is that I think persons could directly approach
the contest sponsor with their opinions, without the need to publically
address stations as "pirates" and "non legitimates", I am fully confident
that ARRL is capable enough to judge which HQ stations and valid, and who
are not.

I think most people with common sense can accept this statement, and that
we now can focus on Ham Radio as a hobby where we UNITE instead of DIVIDE
ourselves!

73 de Mats RM2D