Re: [CQ-Contest] Online Scoreboards

To: k2ttt <k2ttt@optonline.net>, Victor Androsov <victor.androsov@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Online Scoreboards
From: Dale Putnam <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 11:41:37 +0000
After reading all the comments.. and rethinking about all this.. once again..
over it all .. again.

It seems to me.. that the ONLY one that I can COUNT on.. to be ethical.. is ME.

So the fruitless and wasteful exercise of comparing scores.. with ANYONE.. is a
complete futile.

Then.. one goes on down this slippery slope..  Since I am the only one that I
trust..

and MY score is the only one that hasn't been jacked up... that I know for
sure...

Then WHY BOTHER playing this game?   To see how I stand in a corn field with
...   .. with...

well.. ... can't say peers.. can I?

OR

Simply throw ethics out the window and jump into the swamp.

Makes one not wonder so much any longer about the actual longevity of real
contesting in general.

Unless, the definition of cheating is re-written, the scope of contesting no
only includes the radio, and op skills in using

that radio, after assembling the optimal hardware.. but also includes the skill
of managing the previously outlawed

Qs from social media and the like.

NOW I GET IT!!

But.. I don't want it!!! Don't want that skillset.

So.. I choose the not play that game.. have fun.. if you can doing that.

I choose, to play according to the rules.. strictly.. with MY chosen set of
hardware.. optimal? nope..

but then.. it is what I have.. and what I have made.. and it provides me
ethically attained rewards, and fun.

Have a great day,
--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

"Actions speak louder than words"