Re: [CQ-Contest] Which would yor choose?

To: John Geiger <af5cc2@gmail.com>, k9yc@arrl.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Which would yor choose?
From: Joe <nss@mwt.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2017 16:39:03 -0500
I looked at that list, And did not see a Yaesu Ft-847.

Where would that rig fit into that ist?

Joe WB9SBD
Sig
The Original Rolling Ball Clock
Idle Tyme
Idle-Tyme.com
http://www.idle-tyme.com
On 8/13/2017 1:16 PM, John Geiger wrote:
The Yaesu FTDX5000 did pretty good in Sherwood's receiver tests.

On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 11:37 AM, Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
wrote:

This is the best advice I've seen.  Why limit yourself to Yaesu?  Their
receivers don't do all that well in Rob's lab tests, and their transmitters
are the dirtiest in ARRL Lab tests.

Since getting back on the air in 2003, I've owned an Omni V, TS850, 746,
FT100D, FT1000MP, K2, K3, and KX3. A pair of K3s is on my operating desk,
along with a Yaesu FM rig. I have a Kenwood FM rig in the car, and a
Kenwood TH-F6A talkie. Of HF rigs, I've liked the K3 and TS850 the best. I
found the Yaesu radios to have the most difficult user interface, the
Kenwood and Elecraft rigs the easiest to use. The TS-590S and SG are among
the cleanest rigs in ARRL Lab tests, not far behind the K3 and K3s. I've
not used either one, but a good friend and very good operator owns a 590
and likes it a lot.

73, Jim K9YC