[CQ-Contest] Check In SS

To: Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Check In SS
From: ShelbyK4WW <shelbyk4ww@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2017 15:54:55 -0500
Why are so many putting so much emphasis on the CK, as anything more than a
"randomly chosen two digit number that is consistently used throughout the
contest", having absolutely no relation to anything? ARRL has indicated it
will not enforce the CK as being "The last 2 digits of the year of first
license for either the operator or the station", and many have indicated
that they change their CK, from year to year? It certainly has little, if
any, bearing on when they were licensed?
As far as CW speed is concerned, when I call another station, I feel
obligated to try and match their speed. Sometimes this requires me to
listen to several contacts, before calling. I expect, and usually receive,
the same consideration, when I'm called? I fail to see any logic to calling
at a much higher speed, then having to endure several repeats?

In it to win it? Not a chance
In it to have fun? Most definitely

73, Shelby - K4WW
As I don't have an iPad nor iPhone, sent from my PC