Re: [CQ-Contest] SS, SS and again SS...

To: Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS, SS and again SS...
From: Ward Silver <hwardsil@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 10:43:28 -0600
Hey Mats, don't go subterranean just yet!

>  Just lately have been a lot of postings that, at least for me and possibly for some other non-NA, have been ?less interesting?. That is MY (our) problem - not a problem to the list as such

Actually, I think we have pretty much had our say about SS but I would like to broaden the discussion to your side of the pond.  A common perception here in NA, reinforced by photos and stories, is that EU is doing better with attracting new, younger contesters than we are.  One of the best things to come along in recent years is the EU-based YOTA (ham-yota.com).  Getting a similar group going "over here" seems to be a hard sell.  I'd like to hear more from you and others about EU attitudes and approaches that seem to be encouraging younger contesters to get involved, whether it is CW or SSB or digital, HF or VHF.

73, Ward N0AX