Re: [CQ-Contest] An alternate SS CW re-invigoration plan

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] An alternate SS CW re-invigoration plan
From: W0MU Mike Fatchett <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2017 09:03:56 -0700
In the 10m contest novices and tech were worth 5 or 10 points.  I don't think it mattered too much though.

On 11/28/2017 7:39 AM, Richard F. DiDonna wrote:
The ARRL SS CW discussion has died down now that we're a good few weeks past CW Sweeps.  Nobody has commented on the huge number of '14, '15, '16, and '17 checks in the phone Sweeps.

Others have in the past rued the demise of the Novice Roundup. So, why not combine the both?

Recommendation for the flag pole saluters: permit hams who have a check within three years of the year of the running of Sweeps to operate Sweeps and allow 1.5x or 2.0x points for QSOs with stations whose check is within three years of the year's running of Sweeps - CW only.

Stations who have been licensed longer than three years and submit a log with a check within the three year window get DQed. Maybe this would help generate a little activity?

IIRC, the ARRL 10 meter contest used to do this for Novices and Techs some years ago.

73 Rich NN3W