Re: [CQ-Contest] An alternate SS CW re-invigoration plan

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] An alternate SS CW re-invigoration plan
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2017 02:04:43 -0500
The bonus points for /N and /T stations in the 10M Contest were dropped several years ago. I know, because I do the log checking and scoring for the 10M Contest and I was directed to remove these bonuses from the scoring software when the contest rules dropped the bonuses.

BTW, if anyone reads the 10M Contest announcement in the November 2017 QST, don't be confused by the line which states "Work everyone you can - just one contact counts per call sign, regardless of the mode used".

This seems to contradict the rules for previous 10M contests, which allowed for one CW and one SSB QSO per callsign. I asked ARRL HQ about this and they confirmed that this was a typo, and that the existing rules for this contest had not changed. The QST announcement was supposed to read: "Work everyone you can on both modes (CW and SSB)"

Also, be aware that digital mode QSOs are not permitted in the 10M contest at the present time. This is not a new rule; it is the way the rules have always been for the 10M Contest.

Dave/K8CC