Re: [CQ-Contest] Log what he sends?

To: Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Log what he sends?
From: Radio K0HB <kzerohb@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2017 21:38:35 +0000
If I send 5NN T3 consistently throughout CQWW CW (being temporarily
relocated from Zone 4 where your computer thinks I am), will all who accept
the N1MM pre-fill and log Zone 4 lose the Q (plus penalty )?

This is an important question - would a CQWW Committee Member please give
an official opinion?

73, de Hans, K0HB
“Just a Boy and his Radio”™

On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 13:39 Hank Greeb <n8xx@arrl.org> wrote:

> It doesn't matter what YOUR software calculates.  It only matters what
> the Log Checkers calculate.  Once I sent Zone 7 instead of Zone 8 for an
> entire contest, even though I was in zone 8.  I don't remember if I was
> penalized, but IF the Log Checker compared what I sent to what was on
> the other fellows log  - I dunno if it was a penalty.
>
> And, when I submit a cabrillo file, I always either do not claim a
> score, or claim "0" for the score.  Claimed score is meaningless to the
> log checker.
>
> 72/73 de n8xx Hg
> QRP >99.44% of the time
>
> On 12/1/2017 9:39 AM, cq-contest-request@contesting.com wrote:
> > The problem I see in this case with "copying what is sent" is that your
> software will calculate your claimed score based on the zone
> > claimed to be worked and will obviously be wrong if you log a zone
> someone else is in.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
"Just a boy and his radio"™