Re: [CQ-Contest] Headphones...hard wired

To: xaxaxaxa yayayaya <cqtestk4xs@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Headphones...hard wired
From: Ria Jairam <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2017 10:47:03 -0500
I use an Arlan Communications RadioSport headset. I have the RS20CF
but you can get one that is just headphones with no mic. Yes, it's
expensive but it's worth it.

It's passive noise canceling. It's heavy. It does feel really good.
And Dave, WI6R stands behind his product.

Other than that your choice is Bose, Sennheiser AT or similar to that,
but all use batteries. I had a Heil noise canceling headset (pro set
quiet phone) and it was terrible. The noise canceling worked but it
pressed against my ears very hard. The noise canceling circuit was in
a heavy unit in the middle of the cord. Other Heil headsets may be
fine but this one was not.

All active noise canceling headsets are going to use batteries as
there is really no standard way to pull power from a rig.

73
Ria, N2RJ