[CQ-Contest] Odd exchanges

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Odd exchanges
From: "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:18:11 -0400
I usually adhere to the "log what is sent" mantra.

A little off tangent, but a reasonably strong EU sent me "UTT" this weekend.
That's no issue, I get it's 200,  however the odd thing was that he sent
that as a cut # presumably to save time (or to sound uber cool I s'pose) but
it failed because all of all the other wasted time he used up.

Me: CQ VE9AA TEST

Him: DL1ABC (a made up callsign..sorry to the real DL1ABC who might
eventually read this post)

Me: DL1ABC 5NN NB

Him: VE9AA UTT UTT UTT DL1ABC K

Me: TU VE9AA

I know UTT is 200w and I totally get it...sending my call (I already know
it) and UTT 3 flippin' times (I got it after the first time) then followed
by DL1ABC (I had already sent DL1ABC) is a loooootttttttt of wasted time.

I do get that it's a contest, not a job or a legal document and more than
likely was just a casual participant.  I myself am guilty of OCCASIONALLY
sending someones name or GE or an extra DIT DIT, but not for every Q.

Not sure why cut numbers are so rampant in EU.  I blame his club or his
mentor or whoever helped him program his macros.  They need a slap.  Same as
that guy over on one of the contest logger forums who wanted a way to send
everyones exchange back to them.  NO, don't do it.   PLEASE.

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB