Re: [CQ-Contest] ICOM 7610 & C31XR - the IC7610 experience

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ICOM 7610 & C31XR - the IC7610 experience
From: Marty Sullaway <0246811@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 12:03:28 -0400
Hi Terry:

A big second on what Tim said. I have used an IC-7610 on the air in an SO2R
and M/2 configurations with absolutely no trouble with
overload or other half harmonics. The IC-7610 RX is rock solid even in a
challenging inband environment. Obviously, station engineering is critical.
The lack of proper bonding and quality (I use RG-400 and RG-214)
interconnection cables are essential. Tim is exactly right on tight
connectors. I was having what I thought was an RFI, but it was merely a
loose cable.

​73

Marty Sullaway
​ <Marty.Sullaway@gmail.com>KC1CWF