Re: [CQ-Contest] ICOM 7610 & C31XR

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ICOM 7610 & C31XR
From: w5wz@w5wz.com
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 06:30:50 -0500
I can only speak to the use of multiple feedlines on C-31XRs. It works very well!

I currently have an SO2R station with a single tower install of a pair of C51XR and a C31XR (essentially THREE stacked C-31XRs). Separate feedlines for all bands (the C-51XRs also have a 2-element linear load 40-meter antenna at the rear of the boom). In summary, 3 booms, 4 bands, 46 total elements, and 11 feedlines down the tower to the per-band Stack Match.

Follow the instructions in the Force 12 manual to move the driven element to the alternate location (bracket should already be installed on the boom).

I use an ICE 419 between each transceiver and amplifiers, then coax stub filters on the outputs of the SixPack.

I studied and applied the principles in the book "Managing Interstation Interference", revised Second Edition by George Cutsogeorge, W2VJN.

We also run legal limit power in multi-2 configuration without causing damage to receivers

A diagram on my implementation is found on my QRZ bio and also on W5WZ.com. HFTA analysis, crossband interference matrix, diagrams, etc all found on my website.

I also know that Ted Rappaport, N9NB, uses multiple feedlines on multiple C-31XRs with much success.

Scott Dickson, W5WZ
Louisiana Contest Club
Visit W5WZ.com