Re: [CQ-Contest] Youth / Newer hams in contesting

To: Sterling Coffey <kawfey@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Youth / Newer hams in contesting
From: "rjairam@gmail.com" <rjairam@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 03:25:20 +0000
I’m always open to offer help, advice, tips in a non judgmental manner. I
think this matters more than people think.

Also for YLs, who I mentor, there is something to be said of being mentored
by other YLs. Sure, you can get great advice from OMs, but there are a few
( just a few) who spoil it for everyone and many YLs shy away. I try to
encourage YLs to get on with things like teaming up for NAQP and working
smaller contests to build confidence.

As for the shack - can’t help there as I contest myself from mine but I may
be progressing to multi op in the future. But I’m always willing to lend a
hand putting up antennas, troubleshooting and even setting up contest and
digital mode software via TeamViewer.

73
Ria
N2RJ