Re: [CQ-Contest] Summary of Software and Transceivers used by WRTC teams

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Summary of Software and Transceivers used by WRTC teams
From: Barry <w2up@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2018 15:58:23 -0600
That's why it should be CW only.  So the ops can't be identified and the cheerleaders can't spot their team endlessly.

Barry W2UP

On 8/7/2018 9:57 AM, Jim Brown wrote:
Looking only at top ten finishers fails to appreciate the importance of operator experience with propagation from the operating region. THAT'S a large part of why EU ops are so strongly represented at the top.

There are other factors. A competitor friend (who placed in the top third of the pack) told me yesterday that the top scoring team, from Lithuania, had something like 250 unique LY QSOs in their log that were not penalized, and that removing those Qs would have greatly reduced their lead over second and third place. He said they also had QSOs removed for exchange errors that were clearly copied and logged correctly based on their recording.

73, Jim K9YC