Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted

To: "Larry" <pacer99@aol.com>, "Mike Smith VE9AA" <ve9aa@nbnet.nb.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Assisted
From: "Bob Shohet, KQ2M" <kq2m@kq2m.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2018 19:10:32 -0400
“Let’s all be assisted and have more fun!”

Hmmm....  I been having ENORMOUS fun for 45 years operating NON-assisted.  I
wouldn’t presume to think that ALL of us would have more fun being forced to
operate NON-assisted, anymore than I would think that ALL of us would have more
fun being forced to operate Assisted.  I still believe that most ops maximize
their fun by being able to choose the category that they feel they will enjoy
operating most, rather than having it shoved down their throat.

But perhaps this analogy would better illustrate my point of view:

ASSISTED:

I go to a very nice restaurant, with a great menu and order a delicious dinner.
 When it comes, the waiter brings it to the table, then sits down next to me
and begins to chew it for me before putting it on my plate.

NON-ASSISTED:

I go to the same very nice restaurant, with a great menu and order a delicious
dinner.  When it comes, the waiter brings it to the table, LEAVES and then I
eat the whole darn meal by myself!

I definitely enjoy my meals best when I chew them myself!    :-)

Now, if Larry of someone else prefers the waiter to chew his/her food before
putting it on his plate, that’s fine with me as long as I don’t have to eat it
that way.

73

Bob  KQ2M