Re: [CQ-Contest] "Test" At End of CQ

To: "k9yc@arrl.net" <k9yc@arrl.net>, cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "Test" At End of CQ
From: Edward Sawyer <EdwardS@sbelectronics.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2020 17:07:17 -0400
K9YC stated  - "For at least 10 years, my N1MM keys have been
F1 TEST K9YC Minimal CQ
F3 TU K9YC (to end a running QSO, hit ESC after TU when I know callers
are waiting)
F8 CQ TEST K9YC (Feed the Skimmers)
F9 CQ TEST K9YC K9YC (Beat the bushes)"

Personally, I do the opposite.  20 years of competitive contesting, a few wins
here and there.  Seems to be working.  Not everyone follow's Jim's rules....

F1  N1UR N1UR TEST
F2 CQ TEST N1UR N1UR TEST (If I am using F2, which I only do about 20% of the
time, its about filling space while I work the 2nd radio.  And yes, its an RBN
grabber to start).
F3 N1UR TEST (If I am hearing activity on my frequency and know people are
already listening.  I also use this on radio 1 to hold my run frequency while I
work someone on the radio 2).

I end virtually every QSO with TU N1UR - if clearly I have a deep pile and no
one is Duping me, I will add TU only with no call.  Sometime on purpose to
catch people off guard and get an isolated caller out of the pile.  Whatever it
takes to keep the rate up.

Ed  N1UR