Re: [CQ-Contest] "Test" At End of CQ

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "Test" At End of CQ
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2020 09:07:50 -0500
My guess is that Jim is referring to someone that sends CQ TEST (or CQ WPX) - their callsign and then TEST again at the end. You can tell that they are in the contest by the CQ TEST.

John KK9A

Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:
Mon Jun 1 05:28:06 EDT 2020
A complete waste of time? Or shorthand to notify other ops that you are in the contest, since (hard as it might be to believe) not everyone QRV is operating in the contest?

Sending CQ TEST is faster than sending CQ WPX or CQ PAQP or CQ BERU... and conveys the same point (especially to those not familiar with a contest’s initials).

It works. The inefficiency, if any, is minimal. IMHO, leave well enough alone.

73, ron w3wn