Re: [CQ-Contest] Released Rules for CQ WW WPX SSB / CW

To: "cq-contest-request@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Released Rules for CQ WW WPX SSB / CW
From: <gm3woj@christran.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2020 11:56:43 -0000
Hello all

I was disappointed to read about these impending Rule changes.   Was this a
collective decision made by the Contest Director, and/or Committee, following
consultation with entrants?

I don’t participate seriously in WPX CW or SSB  - I use our club callsigns
GS2MP or GM7V usually to provide a rare mult.  I am old enough to remember when
my GM3 call was a wanted prefix – it probably is rare again now, hi.

I’ve seen very few postings supporting these rule changes – they seem to me
just another ‘nail in the coffin’ of Unassisted contesting, arguably the most
skillful aspect of HF contesting.  I sincerely hope CQ WW do not follow this
example....

73     Chris   GM3WOJ