Re: [CQ-Contest] 15m Yagi question

To: Keith Dutson <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 15m Yagi question
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 08:43:19 -0500
I had a similar experience with the copper-based “butter it’s not”
anti-corrosion grease.

Got some on a shirt I liked. No amount of laundering could remove the stain.

I’ve had good luck with No-Al-Ox, and it doesn’t permanently stain anything.

> On Dec 12, 2020, at 5:27 AM, kdutson@sbcglobal.net wrote:
>
> Yes, copper has become quite popular.  A friend used it on his Hustler
> vertical and asked me to help him put it together and erect in the back
> yard.  It was cool and breezy that day so I wore a black wind breaker
> jacket.  Unfortunately, some of the copper lube got deposited on my jacket.
> So far, I have found nothing that will clean that jacket.
>
> I have used both Penetrox and Aluminox with success.  I will likely stay
> with those lubes, as I find joints are easily maintained over decades of
> outdoor installations.
>
> 73, Keith NM5G

Web: http://boringhamradiopart.blogspot.com
            -- Wilbur Wright, 1901