[CQ-Contest] Contest scoring

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest scoring
From: AB1J via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2021 18:33:27 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Jim,

We're probably in violent agreement on this, but there's little enthusiasm for
change and few constructive ideas or implementation strategies.

One solution is for interested parties and regional organizations to build
their own competitions or OVERLAYs on top of existing contests.   The
Unassisted Challenge is an example of this. There's no reason the whole world
has to accept just one set of overall results.  There could be CQ Zone 03
competitions, for instance.  This wouldn't require any rule changes.  It would
be like different weight classes in boxing.  It isn't always the heavyweights
that provide the most exciting matches.

This would be better and more fun than just complaining about the current
contests.

Otherwise, we're stuck in 1948, with a few tweaks, forever.  I was six back
then.

73,
Ken, AB1J