Re: [CQ-Contest] Funny/strange things heard in 'WPX

To: reflector cq-contest <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Funny/strange things heard in 'WPX
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 16:17:42 -0400
The rule says, "The portable prefix must be an authorized prefix of the country/call area of operation."  It goes on, "KH6XXX operating from Ohio must use an authorized prefix for the U.S. 8th district (/W8, /AD8, etc.)".

Does this mean that my use of the callsign WR8AA from the third call area without a /3 suffix will be disqualified? There were certainly few to no US stations in WPX signing "/#"to denote their actual call area. In fact, I logged exactly one in over 1100 QSOs.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.