Re: [CQ-Contest] The High Bands Were Good !

To: jimk8mr@aol.com, CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] The High Bands Were Good !
From: Zack Widup <w9sz.zack@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 12:24:58 -0500
I built a 6m Moxon antenna which I wanted to try out on Field Day. Then our
local club cancelled its Field Day plans because of the weather prediction
(probably a good idea because the heavy rains turned our FD site into a
swamp!). So on Sunday morning I went to a nearby hill and worked some
people on 50 MHz only as a 1B. The band was open to everywhere all at once.
The Moxon did well. I noticed that some of the Es was short skip. From my
experience, when the Es distances get short, it is likely that the Es is
extending to 144 MHz. Unfortunately, I didn't take a 2m antenna with me. I
found out later that the Es did indeed include 144 MHz.

73, Zack W9SZ