[CQ-Contest] The High Bands Were Good !

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] The High Bands Were Good !
From: K8MR via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 14:47:56 +0000 (UTC)
Lots of people have noted that the high bands were good this weekend, but how
many realize just how good?
Not being at a serious FD effort, I played around doing things that one would
not normally do in a competitive contest, like going to odd bands. At 1530Z
Sunday I went to 2M SSB to see if I could add to my one QSO there the previous
evening.  While it took some effort with my mere 10 watts there (K3 with
internal transverter) I worked two guys in North Texas, which made NTX my most
worked section on that band, vs. one each in WPA and Ohio.
A shame that could not have happened two weeks earlier for the June VHF contest!

73  -  Jim   K8MR
Back in Ohio for the summer