Re: [CQ-Contest] Working Split in Contests

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Working Split in Contests
From: Doug Grant <dougk1dg@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2021 20:56:25 +0000
and here's another spin on the subject...

A lot of newer operators seem to think that we are supposed to operate on
"channels" on SSB - another words, exact kHz frequencies like 14275.0, and
will only call on those frequencies, even if the actual frequency in use by
the station they are calling is 14274.67.

I am not making this up. I have seen posts in various places observing that
someone heard a station on 14274.67 and thought it was wrong ("Shouldn;t he
be on either 14274.0 or 14275.0?")

As a result, these callers are off the CQer's frequency, necessitating the
use of RIT.

Few if any of those guys are reading this email list, so please take the
opportunity whenever you are speaking about contesting to your local club,
Elmering on FD, or wherever, that it is OK to be on a fractional kHz
frequency!

Somebody's gotta teach them!

73,

Doug K1DG