Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX SSB Contest - Self-spotting is allowed in ALL e

To: Björn Ekelund <bjorn@ekelund.nu>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX SSB Contest - Self-spotting is allowed in ALL entry categories, including UNASSISTED
From: PY2NY <py2ny.vitor@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2023 10:13:39 -0300
I would like to have a good English and more time to write
about it, but I am feeling old, obsolete and archaic after so
many years loving SSB/RTTY/CW contests...

The new rules everywhere makes me feel out of line, and makes
me to re-think about my future in contest.  Nowadays, all I have
on mind is going to contesting and be better than my previous
score.

Isn't comfortable to me using self-spotting, seems wrong in my
XX century head, and you don't need to call me a donkey, I know
I am one.

Maybe, the organizers can find a way in the future to create a new
category in contests, like "Old Man Style": no to any form of help.

I did ARRL CW with no self-spotting and no DXCluster. Was fine,
I did great, but ARRL SSB will be different without this kind of
help. But, yeah, let's keep the old way as far as possible: PY2NY in
CQ or S&P, fully unassisted, low power, old, crazy, out-of-style, but
happy anyway.

Enjoy your time in hamradio competitions, life is too short... yeap,
just too short!

73 DX from Jaboticabal city, SP - Brasil.
..
PY2NY / SP9NY / V26NY  - Vitor Luis Aidar dos Santos
http://military-jeep-brasil.blogspot.com.br/