Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, Pete Smith N4ZR <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Self-spotting
From: Mark Bailey <kd4d@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2023 14:19:30 -0500
The people using the RBN are NOT the target of CW self spots.  They already
have the data.

The target is the casual operators who form a large portion of the difference
in the top scores (at least for Multis).  Many of these operators still use
old-style clusters that don't carry RBN skims.  We all rely on the casual
operators for points!

SSB is obviously different.

73,

Mark, KD4D