Re: [TowerTalk] [CQ-Contest] Marconi was Irish

To: Barry Jacobson <bdj@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [CQ-Contest] Marconi was Irish
From: Barry Merrill <w5gn@mxg.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 02:03:21 +0000
Thank you so much!

Shortly after we were married, she headed off to Wednesday night yoga classes,
and six weeks later come home as KA5PQD, a true 5 WPM Passing Novice; every ham
in Dallas knew she was in class, except for me.  Our first Valentines Day,
we put together Serial Number one TH7-DX.  Recently we were helping putting up
the
antennas for Lighthouse day at Loop Head, and she was helping 3 old timers
VHF-only  types put together a small HF beam, and I saw her going over the
instructions with them.  Later, each of those old guys came over and whispered
“She really IS a ham”.

73

Barry EI/W5GN