Re: [CQ-Contest] Marconi was Irish

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Marconi was Irish
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2023 13:15:47 -0700
There have been more than a few subjects of people with Irish ancestry in Dr. Henry Louis Gates's wonderful PBS series, "Finding Your Roots."

73, Jim K9YC

 On 3/17/2023 10:41 AM, Leeson wrote:
On this Saint Patrick's Day, let those of us so inclined raise a glass of Jameson's to Guglielmo Marconi: We hunt for our own pot o' gold at the end of an ionospheric rainbow, enjoying radio that owes so much to Marconi, whose Irish mother, Annie Jameson, supported his efforts with her share of the Jameson whiskey monies.