Re: [CQ-Contest] Bard on contesting

To: Rick Tavan <rick@tavan.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Bard on contesting
From: Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 14:00:44 -0700
I asked the same question to OpenAI

Ham radio contesting is a competitive activity in which amateur radio
operators (also known as "hams") attempt to make as many contacts with
other hams as possible within a specified time period. The goal of the
contest is to accumulate the highest score by contacting the most other
stations, either within a particular geographic area or around the world.

Contesting is typically done using a variety of different modes of
communication, such as voice, Morse code, or digital modes like RTTY or
PSK31. The rules of the contest typically specify the bands and frequencies
that can be used, as well as other important details like the start and end
times of the contest.

Contesting can be done individually or as part of a team, and there are
many different categories and classes of contesting depending on factors
such as power output, geographic location, and the type of equipment used.

Contesting can be a fun way to test your skills as a ham radio operator and
to connect with other hams around the world. It requires quick thinking,
good communication skills, and the ability to work well under pressure.
Regenerate response

Richard
*W7ZR* ex:5C5Z, CN2ZR, K2JSP, W6SBZ, W7KXR, K9ZIJ, W9KNF, W0KDF, W0MQU,
J68ZR, KC6ZR, PJ4/W7ZR, KH2,W7ZR, KH6/W7ZR, V31ZR, VK4AAZ, XE2DV

*Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer*