Re: [CQ-Contest] Bard on contesting

To: "cq-contest@contesting.com" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Bard on contesting
From: Brian Moran via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2023 16:26:25 +0000 (UTC)
Stan, K4SBZ wrote:" The source of that information is text written by a person."
I think it's a little more complicated than that, Stan. Sure, "text written by
a person" in the sense that words were written by a person... but the model was
able to re-conceptualize the human-produced information to provide a response
to a new query in new sentences and words combined in a way that addressed the
question at that time and place.

I'm not sure anyone else has written a poem, specifically about you, and radio
contesting. But I asked ChatGPT to do it:prompt: "Please write a poem about an
amateur radio operator named Stan who likes to participate in amateur Radio
contests on weekends"
response:
"Stan, with his headphones onSits by his radio, all day long
A signal crackles through the air
And he responds without a care

His hobby is amateur radio
Participating in contests, his favorite show
He tunes his gear, with skillful ease
And joins the crowd, as he aims to please

On weekends, he stays home
Adjusting dials, all on his own
His antenna pointed to the sky
As he waits for signals to fly by

He logs his contacts one by one
Excitement building with each one done
He loves the thrill of competition
As he aims for a winning position

Stan's passion for amateur radio
Is something that will always flow
Through the airwaves, he'll always be
A true enthusiast, proud and free"
Maybe a limerick? "Write a limerick about Stan, K4SBZ, who likes to use CW to
make amateur radio contacts"
"There once was a man named StanWho loved to use CW as his planWith his keyer
in handAnd his call sign K4SBZ brandHe made contacts across the land!"

(not as spicy as other limericks, perhaps) It did figure out that K4SBZ was a
callsign, keyers are needed for CW...
I asked the December version of ChatGPT a bunch of amateur radio related
questions back in December. The part of choosing it's own callsign was really
interesting to me at least.
http://www.arrl.org/contest-update-issues?issue=2022-12-07#_871514213703202Conversation
-Brian N9ADG