Re: [CQ-Contest] SS - No more self-spotting needed, let's bait and switc

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS - No more self-spotting needed, let's bait and switch
From: Jack Brindle via CQ-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 11:50:00 -0600
This also might be something far less sinister.
Most loggers allow you to auto-spot stations you have worked while S&P. If you
switch over to running, but haven’t told the logger, this will continue,
spotting stations on your run frequency. I will admit to being guilty of this
from time to time. When I see a station I just worked show up on my run
frequency I will quickly switch the logger over to run mode to limit the number
of bogus spots.

It isn’t always that someone is trying to game the system or do something they
shouldn’t.

For the record, it wasn’t me. My one and only QC was worked while S&P this
weekend.

73,
Jack, W6FB