[ct-user] Ft-1000MP & CT

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Ft-1000MP & CT
From: wb6tza@compuall.net (wb6tza@compuall.net)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 1997 23:50:01 -0800
At 23:33 1/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I am unable to get CT and my new FT-1000MP to correctly communicate. I have
>no trouble with the TR logging program, but haven't broken the CT habit yet.
>
>I'm at the following point. Am using the version 9.27 downloaded from the
>BBS which said it supports the MP. I load up the COMTSR at 4800 baud either
>with N81 or N82 no difference being made. The results follow:

Use E72 - I was told to use that and it worked for me

>     CHANGING BANDS AT THE RIG: the rig changes, nothing at the computer.
>
>     CCHANGING BANDS AT THE COMPUTER: the computer momentarily changes to
>the      correct band and then immediately returns to 20. The rig changes
>to the      correct band.

I had this problem also - see below

>Haven't tried getting fancy with band map etc., yet want to get the basics
>working first. Any suggestions would be appreciated and welcome.

I fought this with the 4 ft-1000mp we used at XZ1N - I found that I had to
use 4800 E72 to establish comm with a normal radio.  I found that on arrival
in XZ, 3 of the 4 1000 would NOT comm with the program.,  I had to do a
hardware reset on the 1000-  follow instructions in the manual, (sorry, I
don't remember, and my manuals are not here where I am writing this
message.)  Press the three keys shown in the manual, at the same time
turning on the ac power on.  THIS WILL ERASE ANY CONFIGURATIONS YOU MAY HAVE
ENTERED - WRITE DOWN ALL THE MENU CONFIGURATIONS YOU MAY HAVE CHANGED BEFORE
DOING THIS.  The radio will then come up in all defaults - not bad, but you
will probably want to go thru the menus and set your preferences.

Test the comm by doing a band change on the computer and see if the radio
follows, and then band change the radio, and see if the computer changes.

IMPORTANT NOTE:  CT does NOT seem to follow MODE changes, even tho it
follows band changes, CT WILL command mode changes to the radio.  Make your
tests with CT in the DXPedition contest mode- this will allow all bands and
modes

This fixed the comm problems for me. I had to do the same thing upon
returning - on the one unit I tried to use.

I also understand that there are software updates needed to older models of
the 1000-mp- if yours is new, I would guess that is not a problem

After all this nonsense, all 4 of the 1000MPs we used at XZ1N worked and
logged the freq/band just fine for the duration of our trip

73, good luck.   robin, wa6cdr/xz1n/n6ll

WWW:                      http://www.ve7tcp.ampr.org/Software/ct
Questions:                owner-ct-user@ve7tcp.ampr.org