[ct-user] Ft-1000MP & CT

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Ft-1000MP & CT
From: Ben Bond" <bbond@global2000.net (Ben Bond)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 18:05:26 -0500
No one has mentioned which operating system they are running
while experiencing "slow-down" problems with CT. If you are
running CT from the W95 MSDOS shell, the problem is well documented
on page 746 of  Windows 95 resource kit manual. In shortened form the
manual
says "If Win 95 detects a TSR trying to monitor interupts, It will
accommodate the
application and will send all system information through MS-DOS interrupts.
This
way, the TSR can monitor system events successfully. HOWEVER, doing this
will
slow the performance of the operating system significantly........

Been there, done that.......I found that running from a boot disk in DOS
5x, 6x, or
7x, all is ok.  Also the CT home page has hints on running under W95.

GL, Ben Bond  KF2LW

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>