[ct-user] SS and Packet

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] SS and Packet
From: Dick Wilder (K3DI)" <wilder@abs.net (Dick Wilder (K3DI))
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 11:23:36 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 9 Nov 1998, Herb Sims wrote:
> I just finished running the SS CW and could not get any packet
> alert to come up in the announcement (CTRL-A) window.  I was connected
> (as I was getting the alerts) to the packet cluster.
> Is this a bug.  Worked fine in CQWW.
> Herb

Hi Herb,
I don't think the Announce window is supposed to work in SS.  The problems
seems to me to be that there is no way to tell what section a station is
in by checking it's prefix.  I would think that the only fix would be to
require a specific remarks text in spots like we do for QSX on splits.  If
we did that, then Ken would have something he could program to.

This is my wild guess to the situation.

73, Dick Wilder, K3DI