[ct-user] RE: TS-870 Voice Recorder and CT

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] RE: TS-870 Voice Recorder and CT
From: n5nj@att.net (n5nj@att.net)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 19:08:00 +0000
I have the voice recorderf built-in on my TS850 also.

The fact is, compared to the DVP, the Kenwood things is
very poor quality.

In the 850's and 950's, the internal dvk is in parallel
with the microphone.  It records what goes by it's input
on the mic line and pumps it back out onto the same mic
line.  No meaningful level adjustment capability.  The
mic is also not muted during playback.  You must use VOX
for it to work - Yecch !

The DVP is truly a major advance in voice contest
technology that I think may have been generally
overlooked because of the cost.  It is tightly
integrated into your system and is virtually flawless.
As computers get faster, and perhaps improvements in the
DVPTSR get made, it's ability to synthesize speech from
pre-recorded snippets may become useful.

73,
Bob N5NJ

--
N5NJ / V26O