Re[3]: [ct-user] FW: CT with Ethernet

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: Re[3]: [ct-user] FW: CT with Ethernet
From: Mike Walker <mwalker@legato.com> (Mike Walker)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:00:50 -0400
Ron

We have run 5 machines with an 8 port hub use 10BaseT.   You are going to load
the Packet driver for the ethernet card that you are using and then use UDP
frames (sort of like UI Packet frames).  The fact that there is other traffic
on the net won't matter.

You can't use the current layer in Win95 or Novell.  You will have to boot the
machines that you are using in DOS mode and after the packet driver loads, you
then load then NETTSR driver.  Since you are running 10Base2, I'm sure all
machines can hear each other whether or not the Novell server is online.

NETTSR is going to manage its own portion of the network, and you could run CT
from the server by mapping a drive.  You would have to run in DOS mode.  CT was
not designed to share a common .bin file, so you will still need to merge the
.bin files after.  I think it would be better to keep the bin file on the local
machine, that way you have a hot backup if something else happens.

It is definitely worth the installation pain.  Works great and no more network
checksums.

Mike VA3MW

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>