[ct-user] CT 9.39 problem with a laptop

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT 9.39 problem with a laptop
From: Gary Yantis" <gyantis@midtec.com (Gary Yantis)
Date: Sun, 2 May 1999 08:27:50 -0500

I have a friend who just purchased CT and is having trouble with it working
on his 486 laptop.  He's 1500 miles away so I can't look at the laptop
myself.  The problem has me baffled so hopefully one of you has an idea.

Even though it's never a good idea to run CT in a Windows shell it runs fine
that way.  But when he tries to start it from a straight DOS prompt the PC
locks up.  I've had him re-load the program to no avail.  He also installed
it on his desktop Pentium and it works fine in DOS there.  He also says
other DOS programs work fine from a DOS  C: prompt.  The problem is only
with CT and only with this laptop and only in DOS mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Gary, W0TM   gyantis@midtec.com
http://www.midtec.com/w0tm.htm