[ct-user] How make Ramdrive in Windows98

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] How make Ramdrive in Windows98
From: Raul Gomez Fernandez <raul.gomez@coitt.es> (Raul Gomez Fernandez)
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 1999 11:47:55 +0200
Roland A. Anders escribió:

> I would like to make a ramdrive to handle the audio recording with my
> DVP and CT.  I did this successfully with DOS when I was using
> Windows3.1.  Now I have Windows95. How do I make a ramdrive?  I tried
> the same approach as before, but no go.  -  Rol

Use the ramdrive.sys file that comes with windows 95/98 (it's in the
windows directory). You have to change the line in the config.sys:
DEVICE C:\WINDOWS\RAMDRIVE.SYS xxxx

Take care that now there is 2 config.sys files, you have to change the
config.sys when you start with Win95/98 not in old DOS mode.

73 de Raul.