[ct-user] b2r9 - r2b9 problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] b2r9 - r2b9 problem
From: Steve Dove <dsp@hifidelity.com> (Steve Dove)
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 12:09:47 -0500
Greetings, esteemed CT warriors,

CT (9.37) is barfing up the message . . .

"CQ99CW.BIN is not a valid Version 9 compatible log, run 8to9.exe to
convert."

. . . when I try to re-run a  B2R9'ed -edited - R2B9'ed file.  The two
conversions seem to run OK, the edited RES file has no sillies in it, is
in precisely the right format and is indeed exactly the same size as the
unedited version, and the 'before and after' BIN files are identical in
size.

(Naturally, the '8to9' suggestion does not work, as to be expected.)

I tried a 'control' run of another BIN-RES-BIN operation with no
editing, just the two conversions, and it barfs at that, too.

The log needed a lot of work  -  it was from a networked 2-radio/2
'puter setup, the logs from which are identical but exhibit bizarre
7-hour offsets from one machine's contributions with respect to the
other despite their having told the right time within themselves.  Odd
for two dumb old DOS-only machines with nary a "TZ" command in sight.
This is not the concern right now, though suggestions for future
reference would be appreciated;  it's mentioned only because the effort
involved in sorting out the ridiculously interlaced time offset entries
in a fair-sized log was not trivial and not do-able from 'within' CT;
the prospect of doing it again is quite unappealing.

So, gentlemen;  any clues?  Or any revisions of anything I should know
about?  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

73        Steve        W3EEE  /  G3YDV