[ct-user] b2r9 - r2b9 problem

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] b2r9 - r2b9 problem
From: Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu> (Jim Reisert AD1C)
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 16:45:25 -0500
At 12:09 PM 12/01/1999 -0500, Steve Dove wrote:

>Greetings, esteemed CT warriors,
>
>CT (9.37) is barfing up the message . . .
>
>"CQ99CW.BIN is not a valid Version 9 compatible log, run 8to9.exe to
>convert."
>
>. . . when I try to re-run a  B2R9'ed -edited - R2B9'ed file.  The two
>conversions seem to run OK, the edited RES file has no sillies in it, is
>in precisely the right format and is indeed exactly the same size as the
>unedited version, and the 'before and after' BIN files are identical in
>size.

R2B9 requires that the .BIN file already exist.  Usually, your old .BIN
file is there and will suffice.  R2B9 will automatically save your file to
.OLD, preserving the original data.  If you try to create a newly-named
.BIN file (presumably from a renamed .RES file [to protect the original
.BIN file]), then you will get the error you describe.

There are several choices:

1.  Copy the original .BIN file to a new name, but keep the existing name
when doing your conversions.

2.  Copy the original .BIN file to a new name, run B2R9 on that new name,
make the changes, then run R2B9, again using the new name.

3.  Run B2R9 on the original name, rename the .RES file and edit it, run CT
to create a new empty file with the same name as the .RES file, and then
run R2B9 on that new name.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>