[ct-user] CT and Yaesu 1000D

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] CT and Yaesu 1000D
From: Ron St.Laurent" <nd5s@ix.netcom.com (Ron St.Laurent)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 17:20:11 -0500
I see RF problems posted from time to time.  Just wanted to pass along a
tip.  I have a Yaesu 1000D and I had RF drive me crazy at the beginning of
the contest.  Went through a lot of gyrations (toroids, other versions of
CT, etc.) but the bottom line fix was to pull the keyer plug out of the
front of the rig and leave only the CT keying plug in the back of the rig.
Yes, I used shielded cable.  Anything above 400 watts would lock the rig in
xmit.  I pulled the plug from the front and ran legal limit for the rest of
the weekend.  For what it's worth . . .

Ron ND5S