[ct-user] Serial interface & keying

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Serial interface & keying
From: bernieg1@mediaone.net (bernieg1@mediaone.net)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 13:53:50 -0000 (GMT)
I don't know about rig control but I have used a single serial port for keying
and communication with a TNC (KAM Plus).  The line used for keying is not
required for the serial communication with the TNC and I made up a cable with
the keying interface in the serial connector hood with a wire coming out to
connect to the keying input on the transciever.  I don't know why the same
approach wouldn't work with rig control, but there may be other issues I'm not
aware of.

Bernie Gardner
W1AZ