[ct-user] Serial interface & keying

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Serial interface & keying
From: Ron Stordahl" <ron.stordahl@DigiKey.com (Ron Stordahl)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 15:50:59 -0600
Steve wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> Some interfaces derive their supply from pins 4 and 7, precluding their
use for
> keying.
>
> 73,        Steve        W3EEE  /  G3YDV

I don't see why that would get in the way.  For the CW keying interface you
only need to get to pins 20 and 7.  And 7 is ground.  This is with the DB25
connector.  Devices which derive power from the connector can still do so.

Practically you would be using the port for both CW keying and rig control.
I have never seen a rig control interface which derives its power from the
RS232 port, but if its possible using pin 20 and 7 for CW keying will not
get in the way.

Ron N5IN