[ct-user] Multi.cfg problem solved

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] Multi.cfg problem solved
From: Ted Boerkamp" <boerkamp@nortelnetworks.com (Ted Boerkamp)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 09:27:04 -0500
Hello to all....

First, I wish to thank all of you that replied to my posting of last
week concerning the multi.cfg problem I was experiencing...after some
experimentation, the problem has been remedied. What I found out I
thought I should share as a few of you were still experiencing the
same thing.

Basically, the problem is that CT does not like the first line of the
multi.cfg file (that being the line of text below the bar which
stretches across the line, which in turn is below the
instructions)...to be more exact, if you look at the example file on
the CT website, the first line shows a station number "2" followed by
"15"....what I found was whichever computer I setup as stn 2 would
spit out "stn 2" instead of "15" in gab mode. Then I editted the .cfg
file to change that line from "2 15" to say "3 20" and the problem
moved to whichever computer was setup as station 3...so I knew the
problem was with the first line only of the multi.cfg and not a
problem with my system....to correct it, I inserted a new line at the
top, just above the "2 15" ...I used "999 xx"....this corrected the
problem and both my stn 1 and stn 2 gabs came out showing properly
ie. the associated band number first followed by gab text.

This may be something Ken might be able to look at, as only he knows
what the program is looking for in the first line. I hope this helps
others...try it out...by the way, the networking test with 4 computers
went very well..  packet and rig control worked flawlessly and boy was
it fast!!  thanks again to all who helped me..73

Regards,

Ted Boerkamp VE3SS (member of VE3DC)