[ct-user] 1000MP Keying

To: <ct-user@contesting.com>
Subject: [ct-user] 1000MP Keying
From: wb6tza@socal.rr.com (wb6tza@socal.rr.com)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:22:16 -0700
Unfortunately, the keyer in the MP is an integral part of the Micro that
runs a lot of things.  there IS no defined "output" of the keyer to go and
hack and tie to an external connector--- believe me, we tried!  I would
have re-wired the front and rear connectors to accomplish this if it were
possible -  my contacts at Yaesu (one of whom has the skill and knowledge
to engineer and DO the mods has not done it to his own MP!), and my own
searching agree - its simply not practical.

Its really too bad - its a significant convenience shortcoming in an
otherwise all around useful box

Actually, I think its gonna be easier to persuade Ken to add paddle support
to CT!

73
robin critchell, wa6cdr/xz0a